We are committed to ensuring website accessibility for people with disabilities, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
We have been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA to make our website a positive place for everyone.
How are we doing?
Since we are actively working towards our goal, we realize there are some areas that need improving. If you encounter an accessibility barrier on our website, we ask you to contact us immediately and let us know so that we can make all reasonable efforts to remove the barrier or provide alternate access to the same information.
You can contact us using the following methods:
- Phone: (508) 362-3182
- E-mail: [email protected]
The Village Inn is an historic property. The main house was built in 1830 and the rear wing in 1760, The rear wing was moved from another location and added onto the main house. We are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and the Village Inn sits in a strictly controlled historic district. The buildings reflect the historic period during which they were built. Being constructed between the late 1700s and early 1800s, the inn is a modest bed & breakfast with only ten guest rooms on two fllors. It possesses neither the spatial nor the structural attributes needed to meet the America with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance for hotels.
Here are The Village Inn’s accessibility limitations:
- A gravel parking lot and some rough paving stones to the entrance of the Inn
- Six steps to the guest entrance and no wheelchair ramp
- A gravel drive to access the gardens
- Access to all rooms requires stairs, The Inn does not have an elevator.
- One family suite is on the main floor, The remainder rooms are on the second floor, with rooms in the rear wing requiring a three step descent.
- Narrow hallways and small spaces inside that are not suited for wheelchairs
- All rooms have shower stalls, with a six inch Threshold. None are wheelchair accessible or ADA compliant
Given these limitations, we always do our best to accommodate potential guests if at all possible, while maintaining the historical integrity of the inn. We encourage anyone with questions to contact us regarding the specifics of our accessibility limitations.
If you have any questions about this Accessibility Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
Contacting us by Phone
If you have any questions concerning our inn or booking a room always feel free to call our main number at (508) 362-3182. We man this number 24/7 and while sometimes we cannot answer immediately, we will return your message within 24 hours.